Friday, November 21, 2014

Tango and the Older Women

               In Pittsburgh there aren’t too many women my age here. I am fifty-four. I don’t get too many dances either because there are too many leaders. I am already missing the women of Madison.
               Let me try and explain what it is that I am feeling.
               I was on Facebook and I saw the headshot of a tanguera I knew back in Wisconsin. She is a busy mom with a full-time job trying her best to learn tango. When I first danced with her there was an explosion of relief. It was like a fireball shot of whiskey blowing through my soul. Just thinking about her reminds me of that feeling.
               It was a pleasant sensation even though it made me a little sad; kind of like remembering a loved one that had passed.
               I danced with a young lady last night. Very skilled but there was no spirit in our connection. It was like exercise, fifteen minutes on a treadmill, or a non-alcoholic beer or a virgin bloody Mary.
               It’s just me. I haven’t found the kind of women I like to dance with yet but I know they’re here. They are the heart and soul of tango. It is a dance that is all about the woman. There is a lot of tango in this town and it had to come from somewhere so I need to keep on looking.


kayak hombre


Hey, check out this book about witches and zombies that dance tango:







As always, check out my books available on Amazon and Kindle:



No comments:

Post a Comment