Monday, February 23, 2015

Honest Communications


Men and women have different opinions on what constitutes honesty. Sometimes, because of our true nature, or maybe because of our ignorance of our primal selves, I think that it is nearly impossible for the sexes to have an open discussion.
Tango allows for an honest exchange between men and women in a way that cannot be expressed in words. Perhaps that’s the beauty of it. Maybe putting things into words destroys the true meaning of what we are trying to say. I wonder what we said to each other before language was invented.
When I dance tango I hear so much from my partner that I find difficult to explain in writing. In my humble opinion writing is an exceptional form of communication. It gives us time to consider our thoughts and how and when we wish to express them.

I find dancing tango to be superior to writing. It forces me to convey my feelings without words and without caution. It is a spontaneous endeavor that has amazing results. A tango can be captured on film but what happens between the two dancers cannot. What transpires are moments in time and fleeting…..but honest and true and a rarity in our lives that does not have to be.



For more writings by the Kayak Hombre, check out his books on Amazon:






No comments:

Post a Comment